UPDATE: The House voted 49-19 to censure Giddings and strip her of her House Human Resources Committee assignment. Thank you for all the emails you sent today!
Now, let's play BINGO!
As unbelievable as it is, our Idaho State Legislature is back in session again. The Legislature is reconvening to take up a host of unpopular bills, most of which are sponsored by extremist legislators.
There is one key action that the House of Representatives must take up, however, and that is holding Rep. Priscilla Gidddings responsible for her reprehensible actions in doxing the 19-year-old intern assaulted by disgraced former Rep. “Von” Ehlinger, who is now charged with rape in that case.
Almost 600 97 Percenters used our email tool to write to members of the House and insist that they vote to censure Representative Giddings! You said:
First, I want to thank you for your continued service to Idaho. Sometimes we agree, sometimes we don’t, but I know that serving in the Legislature is a sacrifice you are personally making on behalf of our state. Sometimes that sentiment gets lost in the passion of politics and I want to make sure you know that.
I’m writing today to ask that you vote to censure Representative Priscilla Giddings. Representative Giddings’ conduct in publicly identifying Jane Doe, the 19-year-old victim of former Rep. Von Ehlinger (who is now formally charged with rape charges) is the very definition of Conduct Unbecoming a Legislator:
1. Giddings ACTIVELY HARMED a legislative intern for political gain;
2. Giddings PERPETUATED THE HARM caused to a legislative intern for political gain;
3. Giddings’ testimony proved to be EVASIVE during Von Ehlinger’s Ethics Hearing;
4. Giddings’ conduct at her own Ethics Hearing showed CONTEMPT for the victim, the Legislature, and the State of Idaho.
5. Giddings showed NO REMORSE for her actions at her Ethics Hearing;
6. Giddings has not only shown no remorse since her Ethics Hearing, but has actually sought to CAPITALIZE POLITICALLY ON HER CONDUCT.
Her behavior has made me ASHAMED OF OUR LEGISLATURE and it is vitally important that you VOTE TO CENSURE GIDDINGS TO RESTORE FAITH IN THE IDAHO HOUSE OF REPRESENTATIVES.